Instagram is a social platform meant for sharing photographs. So, if you are wondering what is special about Instagram and how a photo-sharing social app can benefit your business, we will answer your questions. Keep reading the complete article to find out why and how Instagram can be used as a platform for promoting your products and business.
Why choose Instagram?
There are many popular social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook. Then, why do you need to advertise your products on Instagram? The answer is quite simple. With 1 billion active users, Instagram is the best place to engage with target audience and promote your brand. If you wish to attract the young generations, there is no other place like Instagram. Let us now learn how to use Instagram for gaining followers and customers:
- Photos- Let’s begin with the visuals. In Instagram, photos are all we get to see. Unlike Facebook that has comments, pictures, articles and long posts, Instagram’s main thing is pictures. So, your pictures have to be sharp, colorful, and different. It is through your high quality picture that you compel people to stop while scrolling down, go through the caption, like the picture, and pay a visit to your website.
- Caption- Even if photos are of supreme importance, you also have to come up with funny, informative, interactive, and thought-provoking. The smartest way to make your followers engage on your post is by ending the caption with a question.
- Link your Instagram account with the Facebook page- Most brands link their Facebook and Instagram accounts, giving them the convenience to reach their target audience on both platforms through a single post. So, if you run an advertisement on Instagram, you can run it on Facebook at the same time. So, linking these two popular accounts will save your valuable time and ensure that you have a steady presence on both sites.
- Ways of advertising- You can run daily target ads to keep targeting existing and new customers. Take advantage of stories and highlights to represent your work and give followers a sneak peak of latest products. Collaborating with famous influencers who have a strong fan following is another great way of advertizing your company and its products.
How can you change the personal profile to a business profile?
Follow these simple steps to turn your simple account into a business account:
- Tap on the three dots on the profile page’s upper right corner
- A side bar will appear and you have to click on ‘Settings’
- Select the ‘Switch to Business Profile’ option and set up the account.
We may conclude by saying that Instagram may seem like a social site meant for sharing captivating photos, but it can be utilized as a powerful tool. Whether you own a restaurant or a travel agency or a clothes manufacturing company, all types of businesses market their products on Instagram. And the best part is that it is absolutely free. So, create a profile and start building brand awareness by sharing pictures, videos and stories regularly.